Wednesday 15 February 2012

Quotes from the Office


It's been a while since I last blogged. 

Since then, I've submitted the final copy of my thesis, moved to live in a new city and have started my new job. God has been good in providing for all those things. But it hasn't left me much time for blogging. So in lieu of a serious post, here are some quotes from my time as a mathematics PhD student. Comments from postgrads are denoted by a P and those by lecturers with an L to protect the... ahem... guilty?

P: I hate mathematicans you know.

L: Maths is the best way to learn how stupid you are.

L: Seminars are a great place to have a quiet think.

P: I do the lottery because I'm supposed to be rich.

P (female): I was swapped with Prince William at birth.

P: Does break imply working before and after?
L: It's not a necessary condition.

P: You're growing your hair, aren't you. Radially.

L: It's confusing, just like a good piece of mathematics should be.

P: I don't read the news. I read facebook.

P: I was in the middle of textin' an' I thought I'd lost my phone.

L: I have a bizarre question. Where do we live?

P: sigh I haven't used a ruler in years!

P: It's not everyday I come to work in my slippers.

P: It's on facebook so it must be true.

P: I'm not a feminist: I'm bolshy.

P: One die, two dice or if it's a really bad day everybody diiiies!

And finally a quote from by an undergraduate on their coursework, to which I can truly relate:
Do not know where to go with this. Not happy with it, but spent way too much time on it, and may throw my computer out the window if I see this on it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment